Secreted away in the ancient land of 1910 Deighton Downs and overlooking rolling plains and ethereal mountaintops, Kenya's rooftop, Mt Kenya, sits a castle worthy of medieval Europe but modern enough for luxurious Africa. It's about 65km from Nyeri, towards Nyahururu and 39km from Nyahururu towards Nyeri. The nearest airstrip is Mwriga
Tafaria Castle, built in 2012, is a luxury safari lodge with all the trimmings: themed cottages, spectacular views, and fine amenities. The castle's enchanting location overlooks Mount Kenya, the Laikipia Plains, and Aberdares Ranges – a paradise for safari game viewing. African elephants, buffalo, zebras and giraffes roam these plains, and the nearby Olpajeta Conservancy is the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa.
The Castle, within which you find the lord's room overlooks the castle's four quarters: You can either stay in the damsel quarters which are optimally sized, the knight's quarters if you would like that extra space or the Viking's quarters if you fancy being tented. If you have a family or you prefer even more space, the Lost Knights quarters will provide you with that roomy accommodation.
1. Vikings luxury tent: Single and double available, Ensuite bathroom with shower, hot water, telephone and private patio.
2. Damsels quarters: Single and double available. Each unit has 2 rooms. Ideal for families and friends. Ensuite bathroom with shower, hot water, telephone, TV with DSTV, private patio.
3. Knights quarters: Single, double and triple available. Ensuite bathroom with shower, hot water, telephone, TV with DSTV, private patio.
4. Lost Knights quarters: Single, twin/double and triple available. Ensuite bathroom with shower, hot water, telephone, TV with DSTV, sitting area and fireplace.
5. Lord’s Room: Single, double available. Ideal for honeymooners. Located in the main Castle has separate Bedroom and sitting room, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub hot water, telephone, TV with DSTV.
6. Old House: Single, double and twin available. 3 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms. Sitting room with Fireplace, veranda facing the Castle and private garden. Meals are served at the Castle. Maximum of 6 people sharing.
|From||To||Vikings luxury Tent Single||Vikings luxury Tent Double||Damsels Quarters Single||Damsels Quarters Double||Old House Sinlge||Old House Double|
|31 Dec 2014||1 Feb 2015||$ 273||$ 334||$ 324||$ 395||$ 1211||$ 1211|
Rates are based on full board accommodation, inclusive of taxes and holiday supplements.
Based on travel within the high season
Based on children under 12 sharing the specified room with adult/s
Please contact us for a quote if the child rates do not meet your travel need
Reservations that are canceled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers are subject to cancellation and no show fees.
CHECK IN TIME / CHECK OUT TIME
Check in time at hotels is 1230hrs.
Early check in will be charged at extra night.
Late arrivals should be advised in advance to avoid auto cancellation of the reservation.
In case check in is delayed than the expected arrival date, the delay will be treated as no show.
Check out time is at 1000hrs.
Day room use can be arranged at extra fee and is applicable from 1000hrs to 1800hrs.
Room use after 1800hrs will be charged at full night rate.
Africa Point standard Terms & Conditions for Hotels & Lodges apply.
Prices and availability are subject to revision without prior notice owing to currency, tax, levy and seasonal fluctuations